What I Want to Say
(Copied from my final post on Facebook on 9/18/2020)
Today’s my last day on Facebook.
As sort of a final message (for those who aren’t staying connected with me elsewhere), this is what I believe and aspire to live by, and final words of encouragement I want to leave you with:
1. Anything is possible if you put your mind and heart to it. It may not be quick, simple, or easy. It will likely require you to learn and grow. But one thing life has taught me over and over again, is that just because something “seems” impossible, doesn’t mean it actually is.
2. Be kind, gentle, compassionate, and nurturing — with yourself and everyone you interact with. You’re only human. They’re only human. Most people are genuinely doing the best they can, with what they’ve got. Give others the patience, compassion, understanding, and openness you’d hope they’d give to you. But first and foremost, start by giving yourself that patience, compassion, and love — so you have it in abundance to give to others.
3. Tell your loved ones that you love them. It’s one thing we can’t hear enough. And you never know which day will be your last opportunity to say it.
4. Life is short. Don’t stay in bad relationships, bad jobs, bad living environments, etc for long. Sometimes we may find ourselves in one unexpectedly, or out of necessity, temporarily. But look for something better. Don’t settle. Don’t give up. Don’t stay miserable. Things can change. You can change. Life can and will be better.
5. Is there something you really want to do but it also scares you? Do that. Face those fears. Take meaningful, worthwhile risks. Pursue your dreams — no matter how big or small, easy or hard, possible or “impossible” (see #1). The truth is, you may or may not ever actually get there. BUT, this I promise you, if you take the journey — you’ll be so grateful you did. Whether or not you reach a preset destination isn’t as important. But living with purpose, meaning, passion, and direction — that’s valuable. And who knows, just maybe you will reach that dream — and through its realization, improve not only your life, but the lives of others.
Thank you for being part of my life. Keep shining your light and your love. Keep sharing your talents and gifts. Keep learning, growing, and becoming the best version of you.
Count your blessings. Focus on what’s good and right in your life. Experience shows that’ll help bring even more good into your life.
So, my friends, THANK YOU for all your kindness, love, encouragement, support, laughter, and positive memories.
I love you. I hope we’ll continue to stay in touch outside Facebook. But if not, if this is our last encounter, I just want to thank you for sharing your light and love with me.
Thank you for enriching my life. I love you.